Do Engineers Want…?
A Wish List of the Key Things Engineers Desire in Their Ideal Role
So What Do Engineers Want…?
To be More Effective in their Job and Profession…. In short, to be better Engineers
- To grow and thrive as engineers, getting greater satisfaction and earning more.
- To add value, make a big contribution and get noticed in their organization.
- To do what the big boys are doing – make yourself employable to larger blue-chip manufacturing companies.
- Engineers want deeper, more specialist technical knowledge. They want to be able to communicate with others with complementary skills.
- Modern skills to remain competitive and relevant.
- To just get on and design, manufacture or provide a service… whatever their core function is.
Training and Advice
- They want logical ‘no-nonsense’
advice – easy to read and simple to understand.
- A convenient source of info they
can ‘dip in and out of’ when they need to.
- Powerful information to get that
- Access to training and ways of
boosting their employability.
- Clarity about the myriad of
training options, so they can compare and make informed choices for themselves
and their staff.
- Straightforward info to get over
procrastination – to get things done and make things happen in their small
- Engineers are very good at their
jobs – but some need help improving, taking opportunities and guidance to do
Better Integration into the Business
- How to better manage and lead –
especially techies who have been promoted.
- Info about how to communicate more
effectively with employees from other technical and business disciplines.
- How to be more rounded with
broader skills, not just technical specialists.
- They want to be respected,
acknowledged and recognized as ‘real engineers’.
- Impress other engineers with
their superior knowledge (if they are honest)!
- Mix and blend engineering and
web-based technologies, to exploit new areas
- Insurance against retiring
engineers – identifying new skills to bring into the business.
so how do you get a better paid, more satisfactory job you deserve?
Alternatively, how do you truly understand what recruiting manufacturers are
looking for, to beat your rivals? Or finally how do actively get on and plug
those skill gaps holding your business back?
on these links to find out…
What Do Engineers Want
How to Find Your Ideal Engineering Job
Essential Leadership and Management Skills for Engineers
How to Successfully Manage Your Engineering Career
Back to Be the Best Engineer You Can Be