Free Manufacturing Business Help for You
'Empowering Design & Engineering Businesses Like Yours'
Engineers, Buyers and Suppliers welcome - contact us….
Free Manufacturing Business Help for Engineers...
At last, the practical, no-nonsense manufacturing business help, so you can get on with the day job - less theory, more practice
all familiar with the daily problems that can quickly mount up working in small
engineering businesses. Be they technical or the day-to-day running issues like
cash-flow, schedules, suppliers or skills...
Whether you are keen to improve your small manufacturing business or an
engineer looking for that bit of help at work and eager to get on in your
career - you've come to the right place. Here you’ll find the practical advice
to get in control, get organized and get it done. How? By doing what the best
performing manufacturers and engineers do, yet tailoring it to you...
It’s all about a ruthless focus on getting things done. Step-by-step application in the workplace, with ideas, manufacturing business help and suggestions ready to be tailored to your unique needs – that’s our vision and our passion.
Now, you don’t need reminding how incredibility busy engineers and small manufacturers are with day-to-day business. That’s why our emphasis is always on convenience, doing what works and getting results quickly – there’s simply no time for messing about! On that note, here’s what we can do for you…
- Professionalise your business, make more money, thrive and grow
- Dramatic reductions in waste, lead-times and costs by doing what the best do
- Significant productivity improvements by applying lean manufacturing methods
- Better motivated staff and increased morale, through personal engagement
- Delight your customers with high quality, great service and on-time delivery
- Much better cash-flow and profitability, with time to plan, rest and enjoy it!
- Combat the skills shortage! Identify and get the skills you and your people need
- Really add value. Only focus on what matters. Get yourself organised and get on
OK, sounds too good to be true? Here’s how we help you make it a reality…
- Powerful FREE Advice: Huge amounts of info for step-change improvements
- Practical Help: Hands-on-help for manufacturing, product development and CAD
- People Focussed: Develop expertise and leadership to identify & solve problems
- Career and Jobs: The best advice to develop yourself and earn more money
- Examples and Demos: Proven ideas that work. The result of thorough research
- Access for All: No fee or initial consultation. Dip in and out at your convenience.
- Relentless Focus on Results: You’re simply too busy to worry about the rest.
- Common Sense, Hassle-free Application: Straight talking, step-by-step plans
- Hints, Tips and Advice: Guides, online resources, through to detailed assistance
- Tailored to You: Emphasis on creatively tailoring advice to your unique situation
If this resonates with you in any way, click on one of the areas below. We’ve got a vast array of invaluable info, on a broad range of technical topics. It’s well worth a look around – why not? You’ve nothing to lose…
Make it happen!
Do what the best manufacturers do, yet tailor it to you...
Free Manufacturing Business Help for Small Manufacturing Businesses...
Why is it Essential? Answers to the Issues Engineers’ Face
Traditional Problems and what’s gone into our solution…
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you often disappointed with conventional short courses – great in the classroom, yet forgotten back at work?
- Have you had poor results from some consultants, as well as finding them disruptive?
- Do reference texts and books often sit on shelves gathering dust?
- Are the solutions offered above often too bureaucratic, academic and unpractical? Consequently, are they unlikely to be adopted by you and your colleagues?
- Do your own and your employees’ skill levels, training and career development require a boost – both to up-skill, but increasingly to retain good people?
- Is it often difficult to find genuinely useful, ‘ready to implement’ manufacturing advice, to assist your design development and production processes, as well as boost employee morale?
Do any of the above sound familiar? We thought so. Subsequently, we made it our business to address these problems. Here are the considerations that have gone into our solution…
- Examining what the most successful design engineering and manufacturing companies do to achieve great results.
- Years of practical, hands-on experience in a range of industries, including input from an ever-increasing network of experts.
- Extensive research into successful industrial practices, techniques, processes and systems, which genuinely deliver and ultimately work.
- A continual focus on practical application, user-friendliness and keeping it simple. Everything is geared towards straightforward implementation in the workplace.
- Tracking trends, reports and surveys, identifying the specific needs of manufacturing organisations.
- Identifying and understanding why traditional solutions often only have limited success. Then proposing a fresh approach, tailored to the unique needs of small manufacturing businesses.
Quick links to the topics that matter...
See how it's possible to improve your small technical business or your own career with straightforward, tangible help
Free Manufacturing Business Help for SMEs in the Supply Chain...
Answers to the Issues—Real Hands-on Help…
OK, so the problems are well documented and verified with studies and reports from various reputable sources. In response, there are a number of training companies and government backed initiatives offering manufacturing business help. No doubt you or your colleagues have been on short courses targeted at your industry sector. Unfortunately many only deliver limited results, primarily because of one reason …
Not enough emphasis has been placed on making the solution as easy as possible to implement back in the workplace…
It is critical to address this, if all these solutions are to yield any significant benefits. This is the fundamental reason why many in industry claim ‘it sounds good but it would never work at our place’. Not surprisingly, many have grown sceptical about the traditional solutions on offer. In addition to this, two other critical points have been demonstrated by our research:
For Small Manufacturers, every penny counts. Any cash spent on training or improvement must yield maximum value for money…
For many, cash flow is tight, there are no spare staff, there‘s limited time to try new initiatives and the emphasis is very much on core business. Because of this:
Small Manufacturers urgently need to see results quickly…
What‘s more, manufacturing business help and ideas are far more likely to be relevant, take root and be sustained for the long-term, if they are driven internally by employees. After all they know the business the best, understand it‘s needs and have a collective vested interest in success because their livelihoods depend on it. Indeed, to verify this, a recent report by the former Government Department for Business Innovation & Skills concluded ‘we need to focus on encouraging SMEs to develop their internal capability to use knowledge and resources effectively, in order to successfully navigate the path to growth…’
In response to this, we have developed a solution tailored to the needs of small manufacturing businesses, with a relentless focus on step-by-step implementation, solving common problems and addressing the shortfalls of traditional solutions. We keep it simple and focus on getting things done.
Free Manufacturing Business Help for those who want to get on and profit...
So who is our manufacturing advice designed to help…?
- Small manufacturing businesses (all industry sectors)
- Engineering and R&D start-ups
- Micro businesses of 1-10 employees
- Medium-sized engineering organisations
- Owner-managers of machine shops and job shops
- Consultants - Manufacturing Advice and Product Development
- Engineering Contractors
- Apprentices and Graduate Engineers starting their careers
- Tier 2, 3 and 4 businesses in the manufacturing Supply Chain
Roles of those who benefit the most…?
- Engineers at all levels
- Production and Manufacturing Engineers
- Mechanical Design Engineers
- Product and Industrial Designers
- Technicians and Contractors
- Graduate Engineers and Apprentices
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Engineering Managers
- Operations and Production Managers
- Technical and Operations Directors
- Owners and Directors of Small Manufacturing Businesses
Advice Manufacturing Target Markets - Who and How we Help...
- A resource and rich source of expertise for CAD designers, engineers and technicians, as well as managers in technical businesses.
- Retraining and improving employability
- Ideas and themes for career planning and personal development plans
- Student, trainee and young engineer learning resource
Small Technical Business Skills Planning
- Specific targeted areas in which SMEs can focus their investment in skills and training budgets
- Ensuring smaller manufacturers are focusing on the things that make them more relevant and better able to win supply chain orders, by better aligning to the needs, requirements and thinking of the OEMs and larger businesses.
- Getting the technical skills they require, by directly linking their skills needs to employee training. This also helps SMEs to retain top talent and attract new recruits.
Small Business Strategic Planning
- SMEs aiming to grow, who need a plan to realise their ambitions. Advice Manufacturing provides the tangible details to make it happen.
- Related to the the above, start-ups typically require a strong credible plan for growth to attract investment. Again, Advice Manufacturing can provide the details.
- Board members or senior managers of small technical businesses who require technical details for proposals, growth plans or new areas to get into. We can provide the facts, material and examples you need.
Why not let friends and colleagues know about Advice Manufacturing?...
The engineering world is changing quickly. We could all do with some help just to keep up. Get the word out in discussions and blogs. Forward links to web pages and articles. Who do you know who'd be interested?... Be Proactive!
Want to discover more about our Manufacturing Business Help? Why not download our FREE report for more great hints, tips and guidance, written especially for small manufacturers and engineers.
- About Page Advice Manufacturing
- About Page Advice Manufacturing: These are the principles that guide everything Advice Manufacturing is about...
- Lean Manufacturing Essentials
- Lean Manufacturing Powerful Tools and Techniques, simply explained and quickly applied + action plan. Lean leadership for staff buy-in. Make or Buy decision tips and Automation for Small Manufacturers
- Machine Shop Essentials: Ideal for Machinists, Jobs Shops & Small Manufacturers
- Machine Shop Essentials: A One-Stop-Shop offering guidance and great ideas to boost your machining capability
- Limits Fits and Tolerances: Understanding Definitions & Selection: Practical Use
- Limits Fits and Tolerances: Definitions, Selection & Understanding How it all Works for Practical Use
- Product Development Essentials
- Product Development: Develop a great process, with step-by-step stages. Top tips used by the best performing manufacturers + action plan. Inc costing, R&D, product design and intellectual property.
- CAD Engineering Essentials
- Unleash the full functionality of 3D CAD Engineering. Business benefits inc design, CAM, tooling & more. Justify investment.Software evaluation, selection & implementation.3D Printing without the hype
- 3D Printing Additive Manufacturing: Explanation and Business Advantages
- 3D Printing Additive Manufacturing: There has been a lot reported about 3D Printing, both within manufacturing and in the wider media. Let’s separate the hype, from what’s useful to engineers
- Virtual and Augmented Reality: Making the factory of the future real
- Virtual and Augmented Reality: Revolutionising complex product development and making the factory of the future a reality for today’s manufacturers
- 3D Scanning Reverse Engineering: For Development, Inspection & Digital Factories
- 3D Scanning Reverse Engineering: Bringing physical objects into the 3D digital environment. Used during product development, for quality inspection and to digitally construct the factory environment
- Automation for Small Manufacturers: Step-Change Production Improvements
- Automation for Small Manufacturers: Automation involves using computerized control systems for the efficient production of products or processing of materials. It typically assists Lean Manufacturing
- Future Manufacturing Initiatives: Inc. The Internet of Things & Industry 4.0
- Future Manufacturing Initiatives: Keeping engineers and SME manufacturers informed of trends & future opportunities. Inc. The Internet of Things & Industry 4.0
- Engineering Jobs
- Great Engineering Jobs info dedicated to helping you get that ideal role. It works because it’s what employers want.Worried about job security? Why not give yourself options and potentially earn more?
- Successfully Managing Your Engineering Career
- Fast-track your Engineering Career and accelerate your development. Get organised and get the financial rewards and satisfaction you deserve + Targeted skills development for the team and the business
- Essential Engineering Leadership and Management Skills
- The best engineers are often highly effective managers and inspirational leaders. If you are ambitious and aim to advance your career, obtaining engineering leadership skills is crucial to your growth
- Lean Manufacturing eBook: Lean Manufacturing Essentials
- Lean Manufacturing eBook: Powerful Lean Tools and Techniques simply explained and quickly applied + action plan. Lean leadership for buy-in. Make or Buy decisions & automation for Small Manufacturers
- Product Development eBook: Product Development Essentials
- Product Development eBook: Develop a great step-by-step Product Development process, tailored to you. Top tips used by world class manufacturers. Action plan inc. costings, R&D, product design & IPR.
- CAD Engineering eBook: Computer Aided Design Engineering Essentials
- CAD Engineering eBook: Unleash the power of Computer Aided Design to deliver step-change improvements to all teams in your engineering business-not just design. Inc Analysis, CAM, tooling, suppliers…
- Leadership Management Engineering eBook: Essential Skills for Engineers
- Leadership Management Engineering eBook: How to obtain the exceptional management and inspirational leadership skills displayed by the best performing, most successful engineers…
- Manage Engineering Career eBook: How to Successfully Manage Your Career
- Manage Engineering Career eBook: Boost your career and accelerate your development. Get organised and get the wages & satisfaction you deserve. + Targeted skills development for your team and business
- Engineering Job eBook: How to Find Your Ideal Engineering Job
- Engineering Job eBook: Great info dedicated to helping you get that great job you deserve. It works because it’s what employers want. Worried about job security? give yourself options & earn more now…
- Manufacturing and Management Consulting: Quickly Solve Business Problems & Grow
- Manufacturing and Management Consulting: Helping you quickly solve problems, improve performance and grow, with our expertise
- Engineering Career Coaching: Helping You become the Best Engineer Possible
- Engineering Career Coaching: Your chance to be the best possible engineer you can be with clarity, goals and the execution of a step-by-step plan
- CAD Design Service: For CAD Outsourcing and CAD Freelancers
- CAD Design Service: For CAD Outsourcing, CAD Freelancers, CAD Design, CAD Engineering or Computer Aided Design Specialists
- Low Volume Outsourcing: Quickly get parts made or get jobs on your order book
- Low Volume Outsourcing: For Design Engineer buyers and Small Manufacturing Suppliers: Quickly get parts made or get jobs on your SME's order book
- FREE Report Advice Manufacturing
- Free Report: How to help your small manufacturing business thrive - Essentials no-nonsence advice to make it happen
- Advice Manufacturing Contact Form
- Advice Manufacturing Contact Form