3D CAD Business
Technical Illustrations, Marketing Publications and Manuals for Servicing,
Maintenance and Aftersales
Benefits of CAD Illustrations
Benefits of CAD Illustrations
- 3D CAD enables 2D views and technical drawings to be rapidly produced from any angle – both for assemblies and parts.
- Additionally, illustrations can be produced for cutaway and exploded views, as well as wire-frame images. Also views can be generated where specific parts are highlighted and everything else is greyed out or appears translucent. These all provide options for user manuals, instructions and publications.
- Photo-realistic rendering also offers high-impact visuals for
sales brochures, web-publishing, advertising and market research, long
before the product has been produced.
- Manufacturing and assembly
instructions can be
rapidly produced with annotated notes describing components and their fitting
sequence. Additionally exploded drawings fulfil this purpose.
- 3D CAD models can be animated
to graphically illustrate how an assembly works or goes together. This
striking moving illustration can be used for marketing and promotional purposes or to obtain commitment
from backers or managers.
- Alternatively animation can be used to train for assembly and
fitting sequences. This is ideal for new recruits and for quickly
retraining existing employees, therefore aiding the flexibility of your
- Non-technical individuals can quickly understand a 3D model in the
way they cannot for 2D technical drawings. They may include commercial
backers, finance, senior managers and potential customers.
- Rendered images or animations can be used to professionally
illustrate concepts to clients and suppliers globally. They also work well
for design reviews for feedback and approval, as well as for seeking
professional advice on intellectual property.
- Technical illustrations, images and diagrams can be used by those
involved in installation, commissioning
and maintenance as 3D CAD images are clear and easy to
understand. Likewise, software
packages provide guidance to make it quick and convenient to produce
instructions to help service,
repair, decommission and recycle products. Importantly user-manuals can benefit from a professional, clear
and user-friendly format.
Ultimately 3D CAD provides the small manufacturer with greater
competitiveness and profitability through all the above benefits, as well as the range of advantages listed on other 3D CAD Benefits pages. It is well worth discussing what is possible with your CAD vendor. They should have case studies and good ideas from other clients, as well as being able to demo the full functionality of the software.
Technical CAD Illustrations and Documentation, for Marketing and Maintenance (Courtesy of SolidWorks)
Animated Industrial Machinery, derived from CAD models
(Courtesy of VR Design and Lexxion)
Management Backing and Alignment to Business Objectives
Back to CAD Engineering Benefits
What CAD Software do You Rate?....Do you have any problems between CAD design and production engineering, or is it all seamless?
What CAD software do you rate the best and why?
How successful (or not) have you been using CAD to support other teams like production, maintenance and marketing?
Share your story...and receive a FREE copy of our report 'Helping Your Manufacturing Business Thrive'...
PS: Feel free to name-drop your firm! There's nothing wrong with a bit of free publicity!